Saturday, August 7, 2010

Marie's TWO-TWO Birthday Ballet Bash

Marie turned two an embarrassingly long time ago, but I couldn't bear the thought of not throwing the party I had been planning since I had my ultrasound two-and-a-half years ago.

WARNING: You may want to slide on your sunglasses if you have an aversion to things that are hyper-pink (as in pastel-pepto--which you may need after you witness this overdone party).
Like the two and three year old ballerinas we invited, I like invitations to be interactive so that I can move them from side to side and play with them before I have to take my nap. Marie's invitation was designed for dancing (just like me. . . I love it when I'm so tired I just don't care anymore. No self-edit button? No problem!)


You know it's a rockin' party when a few belly buttons make an appearance! Woot! Woot!

This is a group of people I could hang out with all day and not get tired of. YUM! Is it bad if you kind of want to eat your party guests with lots of whipped cream and frosting? (Don't answer that. I'm not going all Jonathan Swift on you.)

The day after the party, when we were all feeling mighty hung-over from the sweetness of the day before, Peter woke me up too early for a summer morning and dragged me out of bed so I could slop some breakfast in a bowl for him. But he didn't want cereal for his post-party meal. He said to me, "Mom. I want some Barbie-que cake."
The sound of my own belly laugh woke me up. (Especially because I remembered Eric trying to find all sorts of inappropriate locations for the two candles on our cake. . . use your imagination. This is a family blog!)


When we cranked up the classical music and told the pint-sized ballerinas to dance, they all started spinning like little tutu-clad tops and wouldn't stop. They kept turning and turning until we noticed that they were starting to tilt ever so slightly. And then, like some sorority of dizziness, they began to topple over like girls who had had their first taste of tainted punch at the prom. Take a close close look at their little nausea filled faces. Ahh. I do SO know how to party.


As we were prepping Barbie to be eaten (please don't read this aloud to your kids!), Ethan looked at her sugary gown and said, "That cake went straight to her hips!"


9 comments:

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Sarah, oops, you did it again! Everything looks amazing and Molly had such a fun time. She just looked at the pictures and started reminiscing again. You are a party goddess and I worship you!

Ellie said...

This looks two-two fun. And Jeff and I both laughed out loud about the cake going straight to Barbie's hips. SO funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooo jealous of your pink parties!!!!

It makes me want to throw a pink birthday party for somebody. Hmm.. maybe for myself? (I am a girl, right??!!?)

You are THE Party Queen!

PS. Hunter was reading over my shoulder and said, MOM! why would you say that about her panties??!!!! --He thought paRties said paNties. heeeheeehee

Tiffany said...

*sigh* Per your usual, absolutely perfect! Now I want my OWN party where everyone has matching chocolate & pink outfits!!!

Dacia said...

oh my gosh, it's just tutu cute!! Awesome cake & decor. And those outfits are to die for!

Kristen said...

Sarah-- I just found your blog... and can I just say L.O.V.E. it! Are you in the market for a best friend? Because, I think I love you already! Your Mothers Day post was priceless. Keep blogging-- I'll be waiting for another booster shot of D'Evegnee.

jenny said...

Lorelai is still talking about Marie's party and wants to have Marie come and play! She keeps asking if Maire's next party is in a couple of days. What should I tell her? Yes???

Rachel said...

your posts make me laugh out loud! I just added you to my blog roll so I can enjoy your writing with the click of the mouse. thanks also for your greek week recipes. I have selected several to try once school starts.

Jen said...

You are the party lady. You could open a business and charge a premium with your implementation and never ending ideas!

Blog Archive